Create the path you want
Ricki’s clients are professionals and entrepreneurs across the country (and around the world) who are ready to make changes, big or small, that lead to increased meaning and engagement. Because most coaching is accomplished over the phone, clients do not have to be in the San Francisco Bay Area.
“Ricki provides a safe environment where I know I can explore all aspects of the decisions and choices I am facing, keeping sight of professional objectives and aspirations while keeping personal fulfillment front and center…And it’s fun!”
You are a prospective client if any of the following apply to you:
- It’s time for a change, but you don’t know what that change is.
- You know what change you want to make, but you are not making it happen.
- You feel stuck.
- You’re looking for more passion and fulfillment in your work and your life.
- You seek balance.
- You want to drive more performance, more results and more profits from your business without losing out on the rest of your life.
- You want to change and grow your business.
- You want to cultivate creativity in your work and in your life.
- You want to manage more effectively and lead more inspirationally.
- You just want more.
“I’ve been a CEO as well as a senior official in the public sector. I work with Ricki to gain control and direction, to move forward, to make sure my business is both prosperous and enjoyable, and to stick to priorities.”
The Coaching Relationship
Coaching relationships always begin with a (complimentary) consultation to determine “fit”. Chemistry is an important yet hard-to-define part of the coaching relationship. The purpose of the initial consultation is for both coach and client to determine if this is a relationship that can support the client in achieving their goals.
The structure of the coaching relationship is flexible. Ricki partners with clients to create the relationship that meets their needs. The basic design consists of:
- An initial, 90 minute Foundation session, either in person or on the telephone, to set the process in motion.
- Regular, on-going coaching sessions by phone, usually 2 or 3 times per month.
- “Homework” between sessions keeps the client moving toward creating and achieving their goals.
- Email and telephone contact in between sessions as needed.
While Ricki does work with people in person, she works with most of her coaching clients over the telephone. She finds that, surprisingly, the telephone is even more effective than in-person work – and she is happy to explain why during your initial consultation.
Get in touch to schedule your initial consultation!